- The Firm is not legally bound by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- Please note that if at any time The Firm is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, we must cooperate fully.
What sort of personal information to we collect?
During the normal course of our work we would ordinarily collect the following types of information:
- The Firm collects information when you engage the organisation so that The Firm may provide you with accounting, taxation, audit, business service, finance broking or other related services;
- names, job titles, contact and address details;
- identifying information / documents (for example, driver’s licence);
- tax file numbers and other government-issued identification numbers;
- date of birth;
- bank account details, shareholdings and details of investments;
- details of superannuation and insurance arrangements;
- salary information;
- educational qualifications and employment history ; and
- personal information about your spouse and dependants.
How does The Firm collect your information?
The Firm collects certain information about you (the "Information") in several different ways:
- Generally we collect your personal information directly from you, via dealings with you in person or over the phone, from correspondence (including email), when you complete a form or return, or when you subscribe to our publications;
- sometimes it may be necessary for us to collect your personal information from a third party, like from your employer where they are our client, from your personal representative, spouse, or a publicly available record; and
- We may also collect personal information about you from your use of our websites and information you provide to us through contact mailboxes or through the registration process on our websites.
Why and how does The Firm Collect the Information and how is it used by us?
The Firm collects the Information to provide you with a specific service. For example, we may use the Information you provide us to:
- provide you with our services;
- respond to requests or queries;
- maintain contact with our clients;
- keep clients and other contacts informed of the services we offer and industry developments that may be relevant to them;
- facilitate general management and reporting purposes, including invoicing and account management;
- for recruitment purposes;
- meet regulatory obligations;
- conduct surveys and seek your feedback;
- assist us for purposes related to the employment of our personnel and providing internal services to our own staff; and
- all other purposes related to our business.
The Firm also uses the Information to send you information (either by e-mail or post) that you request. If at any time you receive material that you did not request or do not want to receive such material any more, you can contact us via return email or any contact details listed on our web page.
What happens if you do not provide the Information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information we have requested, we may not be able to complete or fulfil the purpose for which such information was collected, including providing you or our clients with the services we were engaged to perform.
To whom does The Firm disclose your personal Information?
The Firm will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless you consent.
Additionally, during the normal course of performing our work, we may disclose your information to the following third parties:
- government or regulatory agencies, as part of an engagement or otherwise, (for example, the Australian Taxation Office).experts or other third parties contracted as part of an engagement
- our own service providers (for example, IT services);
- our professional advisers
How will The Firm keep your personal Information secure?
The Firm has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under its control.
We hold personal information in both hard copy, but predominantly electronic formats. We take security measures to protect the personal information that we hold, including physical and technological security measures:
- physical: for example, restricted access to enter our offices; and
- technology: for example, restriction of access, firewalls, the use of encryption and passwords.
Correcting and updating your personal Information
You may gain access to or modify any Information that The Firm has collected about you, by contacting the person named below. We will not charge you for responding to such a request, unless we incur unreasonable costs in providing the information.
You may make a complaint about The Firm's handling of your personal information, or in relation to your dealings with us about your personal information, by contacting us at the relevant contacts noted below.
You will be asked to submit any complaints in writing and we undertake to respond to your complaint within 30 days of receipt.
We may decline to investigate a complaint, for example in instances where the complaint relates to privacy issues that are unreasonable, unlawful, frivolous, or interferes with another’s right to privacy.
How to contact us
PO Box 1171 Wollongong NSW 2520
T (02) 4228 714 or email us